The Grace and Garbo Eleganceers team organised a Dubai food bloggers night at African restaurant Kiza last week. If you are not familiar with Kiza it is an African restaurant and lounge located in Al Nasr Leisureland in the Oud Metha area of Dubai.
Upon entry to Kiza you are presented with an interior of dark wood and animal prints which give the ambiance of an African safari game hut/club. We particularly loved the bar stools fashioned from African drums.
The menu comprises dishes from north, south, east and western Africa and the venue has a full alcohol licence as befits a lounge/bar.
The overall decor is dark without being oppressive and the atmosphere is as relaxed as you would expect from an African establishment. Visitors will be happy to while away a few hours here, as we did.
Kiza is a venue that is popular with Africans, Westerners and most nationalities. The menu choices are varied and if you love meat you are in for an absolute treat.
The Chef at Kiza prepared some amazing food for the bloggers to review and the list included:
- Beef and chicken diced and marinated with hot spices
- Beef and chicken suya, a West African dish deep fried and garnished with chilli powder and tomatoes (truly delicious)
- Pounded yam, white garri and eba from West Africa
- African efo riro, spinach, egusi melon seeds, chicken and fried stew
- Jollof rice fried with traditional African herbs and tomato sauce (this dish originates from Sierra Leone but is now popular all over Africa
- Chocolate fudge cake drizzled with castor sugar and chocolate.
The Grace and Garbo team and food bloggers had a fantastic evening and we can highly recommend this little jewel of a restaurant. The menu is varied, the portions excellent and the price will not leave you feeling deflated.
If you have not tried African food yet you should make Kiza your next culinary destination.